Home > Contact Us > FAQs >

Can my former spouse be arrested on an out of state child support warrant?

Yes and No. If the state issuing the warrant designates the failure to pay support as a felony, the warrant may be served and the subject may be extradited to that state to answer for the failure to pay child support. If it is a misdemeanor or a civil offense designation, then the warrant can not be served and no extradition will be made.