Home > Contact Us > FAQs >

My former spouse owes child support. How do I obtain a warrant for his arrest?

Child support arrest warrants are only issued if a non-custodial parent fails to appear for a court appearance (See Child Support Laws). A common misconception is that a warrant will be issued if a non-custodial parent is in arrears for court ordered child support payments. In order to initiate the process, you have a couple of options. You can contact the Department of Economic Security, Division of Child Support Enforcement at (520) 761-4787 and they can advise you of the procedure to initiate child support enforcement proceedings.