Home > Contact Us > FAQs >

We’re going on vacation and are worried about our home. Can the Sheriff’s Office check our residence while we are gone?

Yes, if your home is going to be left unattended while you’re away, you can call the Sheriff’s Office (761-7869) and make arrangements for a deputy to make a security check while you are away. They will need to know what vehicles will be at your home, if someone will be coming in to feed pets or water plants, if your lights are set to come on at regular time and any other pertinent information.