Learn About Us
The Sheriff's Office is committed to solemnly, faithfully and impartially support the Constitution of the United States, and the laws of the State of Arizona. As an organization and as individuals, we pledge to be valiant to the public trust.
Browse answers to commonly asked questions:
- We’re going on vacation and are worried about our home. Can the Sheriff’s Office check our residence while we are gone?
- How long does it take before my former spouse will be arrested on a valid Child Support Warrant?
- Where can I obtain information about a concealed weapons permit?
- We just installed a home alarm system. Do we need to register with the Sheriff’s Office?
SANTA CRUZ COUNTY ALERTS
Santa Cruz County Emergency Management is administering a county-wide wireless emergency alert system. Existing unblocked land lines will automatically be a part of the system - but not mobile devices unless you opt in.
The WENS system allows you as a member of the public to sign up your mobile device for alerts such as:
- Severe weather alerts: severe thunderstorm, flash flood, wildfire, dust storm, etc.
- Emergency situation alerts: hazardous materials spills, major road closures, power outages, etc.
- Air Quality and Boil Water Advisories