In November 2005, the residents of Santa Cruz County approved a half-cent sales tax increase to fund the formation of a jail district and the construction of a new facility. The Tony Estrada Law Enforcement Center housing the new detention center opened in 2011 and is designed to house 372 inmates. In contrast, the former Santa Cruz County Detention Center on Hohokam Drive opened in 1974 and was designed to house 52 inmates. At that time, Santa Cruz County had a population of 15,000 residents and Nogales, Sonora had a population of approximately 65,000. Since 1974, the population of Nogales, Arizona has tripled and today, the population of Nogales, Sonora is estimated at 350,000 people. In addition, problems related to drug trafficking and illegal immigration have increased dramatically.
Housing state of the art law enforcement and detention facilities, the new Tony Estrada Law Enforcement Center is designed to serve the community for many decades to come and is located at 2170 North Congress Drive in Nogales, Arizona.
As of 2011, the Santa Cruz County Adult Detention Center utilizes an all-new video visitation system. Now, the public doesn't have to wait in line or undergo searches in order to visit an inmate. To schedule a video visitation session contact the detention center at (520) 761-7875 at least one day in advance.
Visitors must have a government issued photo ID
Saturdays and Sundays Only
5 days a week
8:00 a.m. - 11:45 a.m.
2:30 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
6:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
The following criteria MUST be met to ensure safety, security, and a pleasant visitation period for all concerned:
- All visitors must present a valid photo identification card (Government or State issued ID/Driver License) for admittance to the Video Visitation Center.
- No weapons of any kind.
- Personal items, drugs, alcohol, food, drink, or tobacco products are NOT allowed.
- All electronic devices, including cell phones, will be turned off or visits can and will be terminated.
- Clothing that may be considered obscene, offensive, or disruptive will not be allowed. The supervisor or officer in charge of visitation will have the ultimate decision in this regard.
- Conduct that is disruptive or disrespectful in any manner (children or adults) will not be tolerated. The visit will be canceled at any time deemed necessary by the supervisor or officer in charge if your conduct warrants this action.
- Visit only the inmate you signed up for.
- Do not leave trash, etc. in the visiting booths or visitation area.
- Do not damage or deface visiting booths or phones. Immediate termination of visit will occur. Future visits may be restricted or denied.
Fingerprint clearance cards
$7.00/per card (Money Order Only)
Fingerprints are only done Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.